Hot on the heels of the news that promising 22-year-old Parisian chanteuse Gaumar’s “Yellow” EP debuted at No.3 in iTunes’ R&B/Soul charts in June, the team at Rootstock 2018 are delighted to announce that the singer will take to the main stage in Pommard across the Bastille weekend celebrations, July 13-15, 2018. Armed with her unique brand of urban pop – songs Gaumar have been writing since aged 15, such as ‘Entre Tes Doigts’ – Gaumar has quickly become a songwriting talent to keep both eyes firmly fixated on, following her signing to indie record label Active Records in July 2016. We called Gaumar – real name Margaux – to congratulate her on her current chart success…and, while we had her on the line, asked her a few questions too.
Q. Gaumar, bonjour! Firstly, congratulations on ‘Yellow’…
“Thank you! Yes, it’s been a very busy and positive year so far! Yellow is my first EP, and made up of five original songs, so it’s incredible it has been so well received so quickly.”
Watch Gaumar’s awesome music video for ‘Yellow’.
Q. How would you define your sound in twenty words?
“Gaumar is an urban pop project mixing pop jazz soul and hip-hop both in French and English.”
“Music is a moment for sharing and dancing…”
Q. Rootstock 2018 is excited to receive you. What makes for an awesome Gaumar show?
“Our songs are very optimistic and festive, so whenever I sing I try to make people happy to be together! Because music is essentially a moment for sharing and dancing! So if you come to watch us live – expect to start dancing and be happy!”
“I am preparing a special show for Rootstock 2018…!”
Q. Can people expect any surprises at your Rootstock 2018 gig?
“I can’t tell you more for the moment… but my musicians and I are preparing a special show! The only thing I can say is that you can expect good vibes, a saxophone playing rapper, a funk dance and of course some yellow stuff on stage!”
“An album is on the way for 2019…”
Q. Can you tell us about your signing to Active Records?
“I signed to Active Records eighteen months ago. They are an independent label based in Paris, a small team young and creative. They let me totally free and helped me develop my artistic project. Now we want to make video clips for each of the EP songs and an album is on the way for 2019.”
Q. Where is the best gig you have ever performed… and why?
“It’s a difficult answer to give, I think that what matters is not the place or the number of people in front of you but the times when you feel an energy flying between the audience and yourself.”
Rootstock 2018 – the Essentials
Rootstock 2018 is just around the corner. It’ll be here quicker than you can say, well, Rootstock. So, remember to get your tickets today to avoid disappointment.
Here’s everything you need to know:
– Tickets can be bought at www.rootstockmusic.com
– Fifteen bands, across three days, on two stages. Check out the full line-up here
– Line-up includes the acclaimed headliners Jungle, Breakbot, Keziah Jones
– Onsite accommodation is provided by luxury glamping company, Pop Up Hotel.
– A selection of Experiences including a Grand Tasting, the Burgundy Wine Bar, Chefs’ Alley, Cocktail Bar, Rootstock Cycling Tour and Rootstock’s very own Market will be open across the whole weekend. Check them all out here!
– A wealth of travel packages and options, including Château de Pommard’s Concierge Services are at your disposal too. Find all the details here.
– Prizes and competitions will be running from now until July, so watch this space!
Buy your Rootstock 2018 tickets here! Be quick…tickets are selling fast.
Rootstock 2018: The festival arrives in Pommard July 13-15.