Lyon’s emerging electro pop duo Elodie and Hadrian, AKA Holy Two, are hotly-tipped to break it big in 2018. Formed in 2014, while the two synth-obsessed songwriters were still at architecture school, Holy Two take to the Rootstock 2018 stage over the Bastille weekend (July 13-15), armed with songs such as their arresting and irresistible singles, ‘Undercover Girls’, ‘Festin’ and ‘Rush’. We caught up with Elodie and Hadrien – whose influences range from Foals, Alt-J and Phoenix – to talk about their forthcoming festival appearance and the release of debut album Invisible Matters – out now.
Q. Hi, you two. You seem busy. How’s your Summer so far?
“We’re having a great summer, thanks! Lots of awesome gigs all around France and Belgium as well as playing big festivals and smaller ones – so we get to mix it up. We just released our first album, called Invisible Matters, on May 25th, so it’s been great to celebrate that.”
ALBUM J-1 🌪🌪 Notre premier album #InvisibleMatters verra le jour ce soir à minuit en digital et demain dans les bacs !!!
Posted by Holy Two on Thursday, May 24, 2018
2. Your live show looks incredible. What do you think makes for an awesome Holy Two gig?
“An awesome crowd, a good sound, and great exchanges with the audience always make for an awesome show. These things combined gives the two of us an energy and a mood that we both feel on stage. It can’t really be explained…”
“Rootstock 2018 will be a special show for us because we will be playing alongside our friends…it’ll be a blast!”
3. Can your fans expect any surprises at Rootstock 2018?
“Of course! Rootstock will be one of the first times we play our first album Invisible Matters live. We can’t wait! We will play some old songs but we will mostly perform new ones. And for us, Rootstock will be a special show for us because we will be playing alongside our friends: Yeast and Isaac Delusion. It’ll be a blast!”
“Our show in Marseille in May was really special because we played in support of Alt-J – one of our favorite bands…”
4. What was the best most recent gig you have played and why? Is there a performance that stands out?
“Every show is unique and we always try to give it all on stage as if it was the last show. However, our show in Marseille in May was really special because we played in support of Alt-J – one of our favorite bands and a huge influence, so it was a symbolic show! The concert hall was huge too and the crowd was lovely and receptive! It was amazing.”
5. What are your plans for the rest of the year, after your Rootstock 2018 festival show?
“To support our album, we have a large French tour this Summer which will continue until the end of the year. We’re so excited, because we’re going to tour Canada in September at venues in Montréal and Quebec and in Asia (South Korea, Japan, and more) in October! And, of course, when we have time, we will be writing new songs for the next album too!”
Rootstock 2018 – the Essentials
Rootstock 2018 is just around the corner. It’ll be here quicker than you can say, well, Rootstock. So, remember to get your tickets today to avoid disappointment.
Here’s everything you need to know:
– Tickets can be bought at www.rootstockmusic.com
– Fifteen bands, across three days, on two stages. Check out the full line-up here
– Line-up includes the acclaimed headliners Jungle, Breakbot, Keziah Jones
– Onsite accommodation is provided by luxury glamping company, Pop Up Hotel.
– A selection of Experiences including a Grand Tasting, the Burgundy Wine Bar, Chefs’ Alley, Cocktail Bar, Rootstock Cycling Tour and Rootstock’s very own Market will be open across the whole weekend. Check them all out here!
– A wealth of travel packages and options, including Château de Pommard’s Concierge Services are at your disposal too. Find all the details here.
– Prizes and competitions will be running from now until July, so watch this space!
Buy your Rootstock 2018 tickets here! Be quick…tickets are selling fast.