Fresh from her storming performance at the Reservoir Club, one of Paris’ hottest hotspots for emerging new artistic talent, Jody Jody AKA Margaux J.Rose, took time out of her busy schedule to talk to us for our One Hot Minute Interview. Breaking through the noise on Lyon’s respected music scene with her soulful pop-rock, as heard in debut single ‘Before the Dawn’ and the killer ‘Trap’, and following her stunning Season Seven performance on The Voice, it’s fair to say that all eyes will be on Jody Jody at her debut performance at Rootstock 2018.
“I adapt my songs depending on how I feel.”
Q. Hey Jody Jody. We have one minute. Tell us a secret about your Rootstock 2018 performance…
“I’m gonna play a couple of songs I never played live before and which hadn’t been recorded yet….”
Q. How do you define a good show?
“I like playing in small venues. It’s always a different atmosphere every time. I like to interact with the audience, and I adapt my songs depending on how I feel. I played a gig in Manchester at The Old Pint Pot last February, I enjoyed it so much. It was quite a challenge for me to catch the audience’s attention but it ended up going well, they were very receptive.”
Q. Tell us about your 2017 in the UK … were you there to make it with your music?
“I moved to the UK. I didn’t really have a plan. I slept on a boat, then on the floor of an empty house for weeks while I worked in restaurants, hotels and coffee shops to save money. I met so many inspiring people from all around the world. I also started to play gigs on my own, improved my songwriting and my guitar playing and performed gigs in Manchester, Liverpool, Belfast, Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Calabria and Paris. I also got accepted to art school, and moved to Paris with my two favourite girls…2017 was an incredible year!”
Q. What do you do when you’re not on stage, or writing music?
“Right now, I’m working as a graphic and motion designer for an agency in Paris. I just completed my graphic design studies, and now I’m gonna work on my EP. I want to work on music videos, as I’m doing animation, as you can see from my single ‘Before the Dawn.'”
Q. After Rootstock 2018, when can your fans see you on tour again?
“I’m planning a UK tour with two other bands in October. I’ll reveal more soon! I’m very excited about it…”
Rootstock 2018 – the Essentials
Rootstock 2018 is just around the corner. It’ll be here quicker than you can say, well, Rootstock. So, remember to get your tickets today to avoid disappointment.
Here’s everything you need to know:
– Tickets can be bought at www.rootstockmusic.com
– Fifteen bands, across three days, on two stages. Check out the full line-up here
– Line-up includes the acclaimed headliners Jungle, Breakbot, Keziah Jones
– Onsite accommodation is provided by luxury glamping company, Pop Up Hotel.
– A selection of Experiences including a Grand Tasting, the Burgundy Wine Bar, Chefs’ Alley, Cocktail Bar, Rootstock Cycling Tour and Rootstock’s very own Market will be open across the whole weekend. Check them all out here!
– A wealth of travel packages and options, including Château de Pommard’s Concierge Services are at your disposal too. Find all the details here.
– Prizes and competitions will be running from now until July, so watch this space!
Buy your Rootstock 2018 tickets here! Be quick…tickets are selling fast.
Rootstock 2018: The festival arrives in Pommard July 13-15.