Spotted by Steve Hewitt, the rock god drummer and co-songwriter of multi-million selling rock band Placebo, LYS and Steve are reuniting at Rootstock 2018 for LYS’ ten-year anniversary tour with a show that is guaranteed to bring the house down. LYS’ debut album, Go Your Own Way, written by songwriter Nicolas Veron, the group’s figurehead, is an expertly crafted exercise in blistering, melodic, alt.rock, with stand-out songs such as ‘In My Mind’ and ‘New Way Home.’ The band are currently holed-up in a rehearsal studio preparing for their summer tour, which includes a stop-off at Rootstock 2018. Steve kindly granted us a minute of his precious time to ask five simple questions before getting straight back to work.
“We’re looking forward to Rootstock 2018 greatly….”
Q. Hi Steve. Thanks for your time. Other than your much-anticipated Rootstock 2018 performance, what are your plans this Summer?
“This summer, I will be mainly on tour with LYS for their 10-year anniversary tour. Niko [lead singer-songwriter and guitarist] asked me back in December to come and play drums with him. I accepted and here we are.”
“The music is becoming even more powerful…”
Q. Tell us a secret – what makes for an awesome Lys & Steve Hewitt gig?
“There’s no secret. What makes for an awesome show is simple: we all enjoying playing together. Now, the music is becoming even more powerful the more shows we do, so I’m just really enjoying my time with the band. We are having a lot of fun and playing some great shows together.”
Q. Can your fans expect any surprises at Rootstock 2018?
“The fans will just enjoy seeing us all together on stage! However, we will be playing a blues-rock song at Rootstock 2018…it’s a old, famous track….”
Q. Have the band ever played a gig at an ancient Burgundy Château before?
“No, this has got to be a first for us…and we’re looking forward to it greatly.”
Q. After Rootstock 2018 what have you and the band got cooking?
“So, most of the summer is taken up with touring, and then I will probably take my family away for a holiday; then I will return to the studio. I will have some new Love Amongst Ruins [Steve’s main recording project] records to release and hopefully LYS will have another album to release….”
Rootstock 2018 – the Essentials
Rootstock 2018 is just around the corner. It’ll be here quicker than you can say, well, Rootstock. So, remember to get your tickets today to avoid disappointment.
Here’s everything you need to know:
– Tickets can be bought at www.rootstockmusic.com
– Fifteen bands, across three days, on two stages. Check out the full line-up here
– Line-up includes the acclaimed headliners Jungle, Breakbot, Keziah Jones
– Onsite accommodation is provided by luxury glamping company, Pop Up Hotel.
– A selection of Experiences including a Grand Tasting, the Burgundy Wine Bar, Chefs’ Alley, Cocktail Bar, Rootstock Cycling Tour and Rootstock’s very own Market will be open across the whole weekend. Check them all out here!
– A wealth of travel packages and options, including Château de Pommard’s Concierge Services are at your disposal too. Find all the details here.
– Prizes and competitions will be running from now until July, so watch this space!
Buy your Rootstock 2018 tickets here! Be quick…tickets are selling fast.
Rootstock 2018: The festival arrives in Pommard July 13-15.
Cover image © Munoz Photography